2.12.2009

Do not be afraid; just believe.

I believe being God-fearing is good.
However, it is another thing to be afraid of God.
They sound one in the same but what I mean is, we can not go on being afraid of what he wants.

Many look at the Word of God (a.k.a., the bible) as a strict guidelines. Make you wrong step and you are stepping into the firey gates! DOOOOMED for all eternity! When in actuality, it is the God's game plan, really. Not to say that I don't think they are strict guidelines; but instead of stepping into hell with one wrong move, I see it as a way to help you step in the right direction. Everything in life takes practice, experience, endurance. The same thing goes for your christian walk. PRACTICE what you preach (ex: don't tell others they are wrong when you are doing the same thing [Mat. 7:3 "Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?"]). Gain EXPERIENCE through ACTIONS- don't be afraid to go out and stand up for Christ, sacrifice yourself for him, the way He did for you (Mat. 10:19-20 "Do not worry about what to say or how to say it. At that time you will be given what to say, for it will not be you speaking, but the spirit of your father speaking through you.")! Even when all else fails, have ENDURANCE! You may be persecuted but God won't let you go through anything you can't handle, no evil will touch you that he knows you can't bear (John 16:33 "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.")!

All in all, don't be afraid of God's word. He will equip you with everything you need to understand it and spread the gospel.
I started writing this, but I didn't know where it would end up. Hopefully you got something out of this. I know it pertains to me just as much as anybody else. Enjoy!
No real reason for the pics on here today; just chose a few that I took last year. Click on them and they will be larger (as well as the other pics from previous posts). Good night!
Mark 5:36
Do not be afraid; just believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment