2.03.2009

What a day..






There isn't really a reason for that picture, :-). Just felt like showing off my younger siblings, Taylor and Seth.



Today has been just one of those days. Nothing horrible happened. Nothing earth-shattering or even fantastic. Just one of those days. However, I do still feel like crawling into bed and never waking up! At least not for a week.. maybe a month. Two, if I am lucky. I'm willing to be that it will also end up being "one of those nights", haa. A night where I lie in bed for an hour and a half, then decide that sleep is avoiding me (AGAIN!) and I end up right back here.



I started thinking about my family. I miss my Papa, he passed away in September of 2007. It really is rediculous how time has gone so fast. It still eeks me, you know? I know there are a lot of things I would have changed had I known that the last time he was taking his nap when I left for school would be the last time I would see him outside of a hospital bed. Above all, I have to keep in mind that he would have chosen glorifying God in Heaven over this petty place any day! God rest his soul. I can still hear his voice; still see him up by the podium Sunday morning, leading the church in "I'll Fly Away."




There aren't many things that disappoint me. Not many things that just flat out grind my gears (thank you for that, Peter Griffin!). However, two weeks ago I was in Forever21 at the mall. It's a pretty fashionable place, really inexpensive and somewhere I aim for each time I am at the mall :-P. On this particular trip as my friend Kathryne and I wandered around I overheard a couple of girls, maybe a few years older than I with a stroller in tow. The conversation went something like this.





..."Girl, I don't like this [stuff], why'd you have to bring me in here?"
.."I donno, stop [griping]! So& so told me to come."
..."I gotsta get out of this place, this is some white girl [stuff]. I ain't no [-] white girl. How do they wear this [stuff]?"





Like I said, nothing really bothers me; but this was the first time I felt discriminated against. I was right out offended, especially because such hatred came from one of the girls' tone. Ever felt like that? It was like she was trying to put a stereotype on us "white girls", throwing judgment on random girls she saw around the store.


About a second later, I had to check myself. How many times do I do that? Place stereotypes. Judge by appearance. Even just snare. It is almost pathetic how often I do that without a second thought. Some big guy in the sky may have put that right in front of me so I can double-check my brain when I start to judge others, or even look at them wrong. Awesome.





That's about all=] Here is my best very good pal, Kathryne.
This is from Halloween, 2007.
Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment