6.30.2009

The old low & the new high.


Current mood: amused
Romans 1:16-17
16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last, just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."


Many of you do not know this, but I was baptized last summer by my best friend. In that year, it has been the closest to God I have ever been - it is also the farthest away that I have ever been. I thought about it recently, and what have I got to show for it? Being baptized is not just about getting dunked in water & having a clean-conscience. No.
It is a transformation. It is giving up the world, and taking up the cross. It is a proclamation that GOD is the only God in life, not the material idols that the world clings to. The time is now. Actually.. the time was a year ago.
I know that I have said some stuff like this before, about how I need to change for the better and blah blah blah. But honestly - show the world what you believe in, the way I am going to now. I got consumed in the earth instead of the heavens for a while, but this is the final straw.
Don't get me wrong - this isn't because of some "spiritual high" or whatever from being at church camp for a week, however amazing/uplifting that it was. I feel the same as I did before; but something has gotten in to me that is telling me that it is now or never and I don't want it to be the never.
Trials are coming my way. No.. they aren't coming - they are already here... and the only way to face them is by kicking the devil in the butt with the good book and saying, "I don't think so buddy, go find yourself some other unbeliever because it is not going to be me! Not today & not ever!"
Oh yeah.
Its like that.

God is waiting for you.
So why don't you wait ON him?
Be his servant.
Do not be ashamed.

Deuteronomy 31:6
Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."


Watch&Listen:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WDgSxO2Sac8

Like your dreams were meant to fly
Like a bird up in the sky
Just like heaven's somewhere up above clouds
I was made to raise my voice lift my hands up and rejoice
Just like Jesus, they couldn't keep him down

Low

Like the way your mama felt
The very first time you were held
The way your daddy still looks at your mama now
Ain't that the way that love should be?
Gets you high, makes you believe
There's nothing in this world can get us down

Low

I'm gonna roll this stone away
Live my life my way
And stand up on my faith
Just like the sun rises everyday
The tide is gonna change
You can't keep me low

When my worries seem too big
I'm gonna dance like David did
Cause hallelujah I am glory bound
No I won't be afraid
When trouble gets in my face
I'll turn my back and stomp that devil down

Low

Oh, I'm gonna roll this stone away
Live my life my way
And stand up on my faith
Just like the sun rises everyday
The tide is gonna change
You can't keep me low

I won't let dreams get buried
Even when I'm feeling down
I won't linger in the darkness
I'll be walking out

I'm gonna roll this stone away
Let the light shine on my face
And stand up on my faith
Just like the sun rises everyday
The tide is gonna change
You can't keep me low
-Sara Evans


1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
16Be joyful always; 17pray continually; 18give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment