6.30.2009

A Christian Guy.

In light of a few recent things going on in my life, I became more aware of what I want in a guy. This was written more for my benefit; but after I got to thinking about it.. it might help a few people out there - guys & girls. Basically: choose what you want in your opposite, and stick to it.




1) Set your standards and lower them for no one. Once you do, you will never go back.

2) Don't be afraid to WAIT for him to come to you. While you wait: pray, pray, PRAY!

3) Trust in God's timing.

4) If he truly believes you are worth being with, he will come to you.
If he doesn't, don't worry: God has someone better in store.

5) If he's had a rough past that he now leaves behind ("The past behind me/The cross before me") and asks for forgiveness - then forgive, whether you desire to be with him or not.

6) God will bring to you someone who he knows will bless you in the long run. When you think that someone has come along, pray continuously for God's will.



What I expect:
- Respect for my family.
- Personable.
- Says: beautiful, not hot; precious, not sexy.
- Loves: life, laughing, knowing God, me, everyone around - UNCONDITIONALLY!
- Visits, not calls. Calls, not texts.
- Understands: forgiveness; God's grace.
- Not afraid of: commitment; abstinence.
- Does not: smoke, cuss, use the phrase "Oh my God!!" unless they are talking about how amazing He is!!
- Desires to grow & help me grow spiritually.
- Has struggles, but isn't afraid to face them.
- Will let me in, so I can let him in.
- Comprehends that everyone makes mistakes, but all can reach Christ through their faults.




With all that being said, it doesn't necessarily mean I am looking for any kind of relationship. Whatever happens, happens; what is meant to be is meant to be, and there is no denying that God is going to be in control of every aspect.

1 comment:

  1. Kandy, I am currently reading two books you may find interesting....When God Writes Your Love Story - by: Eric and Leslie Ludy and Lady in Waiting - by: Jackie Kendall & Debby Jones....each of these books are well written and I have had several "Eureka" moments while pouring over them.

    On a personal note - hold out for God's best - who better to bring you the 'perfect' fit than the Father who knows you BOTH intimately! ~ Peace

    ReplyDelete