12.17.2009

Here, again.


There's a stirring deep within me,
could it be my time has come-

When I'll see my gracious Savior,
face-to-face when all is done?

Is that His voice I am hearing,
"Come away my precious one!"

Is He calling me?
Is He Calling me?



I close my eyes, the song ringing in my ears. When I open them I am in the dark - sitting on a hard, smooth rock, overlooking a valley: I'm at the baptistery. The leaves rustle in the cool, night breeze. The crickets sing their praises, too, and it is the most beautiful sound in the world. I look up at the stars, and see a comet - as if God is saying, "Well done, my good and faithful servant." The crisp air is so refreshing. Why, God? Why do we have to leave this place? You've given the most beautiful friends here, the most beautiful Christian family - I could not ask for more.. yet I have to leave? This moment here is not sufficient. I want more. I close my eyes, and again ask, "Why?"

I open my eyes and I am sitting on a hard, smooth wooden chair. The room is warm, and the computer screen stares back at me. A friend sends an instant message, worried about this thing and that thing. I help him and in the meantime he is helping me just as much. This is why, God. The places that I've been, the things that I've done, the praise that I've given, the Word that I've learned.. All in preparation for this moment and so many more to come. God is sufficient - here, there, everywhere. I am Christian. I asked God why, and He answers - each time humbles me more than the last. There is a world beyond the baptistery, beyond a camp ground. One can't save a soul that isn't lost - that's why we leave and go back to the rest of the world. To save the rest of the world.

Is He calling me?
You bet He is.





2 Peter 1:3-11
3His divine power has given us everything we need for life and godliness through our knowledge of him who called us by his own glory and goodness. 4Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

5For this very reason, make every effort to add to your faith goodness; and to goodness, knowledge; 6and to knowledge, self-control; and to self-control, perseverance; and to perseverance, godliness; 7and to godliness, brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness, love. 8For if you possess these qualities in increasing measure, they will keep you from being ineffective and unproductive in your knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ. 9But if anyone does not have them, he is nearsighted and blind, and has forgotten that he has been cleansed from his past sins.

10Therefore, my brothers, be all the more eager to make your calling and election sure. For if you do these things, you will never fall, 11and you will receive a rich welcome into the eternal kingdom of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.





No comments:

Post a Comment